Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cupcakes for a Bridal Shower


This weekend my Mom, Sister, and I hosted a Bridal Shower for my cousin's soon-to-be wife.  It was such a wonderful day with family and friends so I wanted to share pictures.  I decorated over 70 cupcakes - chocolate, almond, and red velvet cake with either chocolate buttercream, vanilla buttercream, or cream cheese frosting.  They were the perfect dessert after a light lunch.  Here is the recipe for the vanilla buttercream I used.  This is a variation based on a few different recipes and I absolutely loved the consistency and taste of this frosting.  Congratulations to Diana & David, can't wait for the big day!!
Ingredients
(will decorate over a dozen cupcakes)

  • 3 sticks butter
  • 2 oz. cream cheese
  • 3 ½ cups confectioners' sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1. In large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese and mix on medium speed for 5 minutes (this seems long but I promise it's worth it!)
2. Add sugar one cup at a time and mix on low speed
3. Add vanilla extract and mix on medium for 2 minutes more




No comments:

Post a Comment